Monday, January 10, 2011

Leaving the nest

On Tuesday, I am going back to California and I probably won't be coming back home to visit for at least a year, if not longer. I did get a little sentimental thinking about this, because even though I don't want to live here anymore, I still enjoy visiting and being with friends and my parents. Despite some problems and disagreements, I have a really good relationship with my parents. It's not perfect, but there is a lot of love and also mutual respect.

The other thing about leaving home is that I can still be a little bit of a child when I am here. I don't have to worry about cooking lunch or who will wash the dishes or bills or any of these grown-up things. And even though I am very much a grown-up now and take care of all these things, when I am here, I can just shut off a little and relax for a while. I just wish that I could stay here a little bit longer.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

I just stumbled onto your blog. I'm new to this so not sure how it works, but you have a lot of good things to say and just wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading. I'm working through issues myself with a therapist and I found your openness refreshing. It is something to aspire to.
Thank you!
Angela