Friday, February 6, 2009

It's a boy!

This morning, my first nephew was born. Unfortunately, they had to do a premature C-section, but both the baby and my sister-in-law are doing well. He was breathing on his own, but since he is so little and his lungs aren't fully functioning yet they might have to intubate. This is exciting and really scary at the same time. So far, it looks like he will be just fine and my sister-in-law is doing so much better than she did just yesterday. Naturally, we don't know if this will have any long-term effects and how he will develop, but we are keeping our fingers crossed for him and that he'll be fine.

I'm going to go visit him next week and by then, I'll hopefully be able to actually see him. I just want him to be okay, now that he's here.

1 comment:

Random said...

Congratulations!!!
Aww I hope he's doing okay.
He gave you all a bit of a scare?