Friday, February 27, 2009

Down time

I started my holidays two weeks ago and apparently really have abandoned this blog. Sorry for that. What have I been up to, you ask? I actually went to see my nephew, but you already knew that. Then I went home to spend some time with my friends and family, which was nice but exhausting. Tomorrow, I'm going back to the quiet of my apartment and to be honest, I can't wait! I just like being alone too much.

I've been very quiet in general. I went to the movies with my godmother this week, saw Doubt (amazing movie!!) and came out her, finally. I told her that I wasn't that much interested in boys, but rather very interested in girls and she said that it was okay to have girlfriends as in best friends, but that that would change too. She thinks I'm afraid of men. Uhm, okay, well, I'm pretty indifferent towards men, since I just in general prefer the company of women, but afraid I'm most certainly not. I'm just not attracted to them at all. Well, I told her my side of the story and she'll realize sooner or later that it's more than just a phase. I didn't really talk much at all that night, because there were just a few things that I couldn't really tell her about that were on my mind.

I also spent one day with a friend of mine and her two beautiful daughters. Those kids are tiring, made me want to not have kids. They are sweet and nice, but definitely a handful. After they went to bed, me and my friend had a long conversation about my plans for the future and my problems with my mom, since she's actually just as much a friend of my mom's as mine. It was pretty good to see things from her side as a mother but to also hear her experiences. She left home at 18 for a year against her fathers' wishes and it was the best decision she could have taken at that time. It gave me some strength to know that not everyone (obviously, apart from my girlfriend and friends) thought I was being irrational and un-smart.

So tomorrow I'm going back to university-town and to the new term and I really hope that in the next month, I will be able to make some more important decisions for my future. And by then, my beautiful girlfriend will hopefully be here as well!!

No comments: