Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy First Birthday, Blog!

One year ago today, I posted for the very first time here. A lot has happened since then:

  • I decided to quit university here and applied for college in the US.
  • I got to know my girlfriend and started dating her.
  • I grew up a lot, taking over responsibility for my life and my happiness.
  • I became an aunt!
  • I organized a trip to the US with no help from my parents and traveled there on my own (even paid for most of it on my own).
  • I started therapy and am facing demons from my past.
And that's only the big stuff! I think the past year has been one of the most life-changing ones, together with the year I graduated from high school and moved out. I had a conversation with a dear friend of mine last night, about all the things that had been going on in our lives. We concluded that things that seemed really big and important a year or six months ago don't even make us bat our eyelashes today. Just looking back on what I wrote in November (here and here) shows a big difference to where I am at right now in my life.

What I hope is that a year from now, I will have adjusted well to my hopefully new life and that I will have grown as a person. If not as much as the past year, then at least enough to be a better person, a better girlfriend, a better student and a better person for myself.

1 comment:

{{ d a n i m o }} said...

i definitely agree. i also quit university and started seeing a psychologist this year. things that seemed so important not too long ago today seem like just a mild flicker in the burning candle of life.

here's to another year of growing and learning, one day at a time. *cheers* :)

ps: that cupcake looks sooo good! i want cupcakes now. >_< haha