Thursday, January 22, 2009

Missing The L Word

The L Word

I didn't really miss The L Word until it returned. It's not that I miss it now that it's back on, but watching the first episode of the last season made me remember why I love this show so much. It's all about the ladies. Their relationships problems, their friendships and the struggle with all of that. BUT, what is not a struggle, is the fact that they are all queer. This show features a sense of community that I sometimes feel at LGBT-events and sometimes miss in my daily life. I just love watching that on TV. Lesbians who lead a 'normal' life - of course completely glamorized, but just like almost every other show is (Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy,...).

Yes, The L Word isn't the greatest show ever. Yes, the storylines are sometimes so ridiculous that I want to bang my head against the wall (One word: Dana) and the characters are not exactly consistent throughout time. But it is the only lesbian show out there and it's the only show that doesn't promote that Heterosexual Agenda. Others are far better at putting my feelings into words, so I'm just going to say that I'm very happy that the favorite show I love to love and love to hate is back! And how cute are Alice and Tasha? I could listen to Tasha laugh all day.

No comments: