Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Weekend Crush

I’m shamelessly stealing this idea from Dorothy Surrenders, whose Weekend Crush this weekend is: The L Word.

When I watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona last weekend, I was once again reminded by how beautiful Scarlett Johansson is. Of course I already knew that. Scarlett has voluptuous lips, beautiful eyes and a great body. I also appreciate that she seems to choose her roles wisely, mainly making low-budget, high-quality independent films. I remember watching The Horse Whisperer at the movies when I was young and really relating to her character.

In my opinion, Scarlett has one quality that few actresses have - she emanates a certain kind of calm. I don't know what it is about her and maybe it's just the movies that she's in, but watching her has a calming effect on me. This is something I can really appreciate, because you can't really conjure something like that through acting. Either you have it or you don't.

No comments: