Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back home

Yesterday I moved from the town I've studied in for the last two years back home. It doesn't feel like I moved back home, since I will leave in exactly two weeks to go to California. I said goodbye to my friends there, which was very weird too. I haven't grasped the concept yet that I won't see them for at least 10 months. Two of my three best friends lived in that town and I know I will miss them. I really hope that we can stay in touch but at the same time I know how hard it is to talk about everything that's always going on in one's life when the other person is so far away. I created a second twitter account just so that I can keep my friends and family up-to-date and I'm thinking about creating a second blog, but I barely find the time/energy to update this blog as often as I would like. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how everything turns out.

Right now, I've mostly cleaned up my room and put everything away. There is a little mess in my room simply because I don't have enough storage to put absolutely everything away, but apart from that it's looking pretty good. I will start going through all of my drawers and cupboards to decide what to keep and what to throw out/sell, since I will not be able to take that much stuff with me. I made my 'packing-list' today and most of my suitcases will be filled with clothes and shoes and such. At least I get to take two suitcases with a total of 100 lbs with me. Those plus my two carry-on items will be A LOT to take care of, since I don't even weigh that much more than all of my luggage will. But I only have to get all of my luggage through customs in Chicago, where I will have to change planes. Oh my...

The idea that I'm not going to be home for 10 months and not see my family and friends still is a bit foreign to me. I can't wrap my mind around how I will feel, but I think that in situations like this it's always hard to know beforehand how everything will turn out. I know that this is the right decision and that I really want this and I will do everything I can to make it work. My therapist was certain that I was prepared as well as you can be for this huge change and that just makes me more certain.

I can't wait what will come my way, even if I can't really imagine it quite yet.

No comments: