Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm going to California

"Going to California, yes
To resurrect my soul
The sun is always shining, shining
Or at least that's what I'm told
I'm going to California
Theres a better life for me, yes
Going to California
I'll write and tell you what I see
I'm going to California
Somebody say a prayer for me"

'Going to California' ~ Pink




"Take me to the place where the sunshine flows
Oh my Sunset Rodeo

Hot fudge here comes the judge
There's just a green card in the way
The Holy Ghost and the whole East Coast
Are moving to L.A.
'Cause we've been dreaming of this feeling since 1988
Mother things have got to change
I'm moving to L.A."

'Hot Fudge' ~ Robbie Williams (Well, not LA and no green card so far, but almost)


The last two nights, I cried over the uncertainty of my future. I was scared shitless that I wouldn't be able to move to the States and how that would affect my life. But today, I finally was told that I got into college in California! I
was so relieved and happy. There are a thousand things that I have to do and organize and orientation takes place not even a month from now, so I'll be super-busy. I think the news hasn't even really settled in, especially since I haven't booked a flight yet. But I am super-excited and just have to smile every time I think about it.

That's all for now, but there sure is more to come!

No comments: