Friday, December 19, 2008

My Weekend Crush


I’m shamelessly stealing this idea from Dorothy Surrenders, whose Weekend Crush this weekend is: Amy Poehler.

Even though this is still more than true, I figured I need to get over myself and so here we go again! Lisa Edelstein thoroughly impressed and engraved herself in my mind in her role as Cindy McCauliff, a transgendered client on 'Ally McBeal'. I don't have any transgendered friends, so I don't know how realistic the storyline was, but her portrayal of the character and the character's struggle with coming out as transgendered never left my mind. I was more than happy to find out that Edelstein played Dr. Lisa Cuddy on 'House M.D', which I started watching for numerous reasons, her being one.


I have a thing for women in power. Her outfits are definitely appreciated, although I sometimes think she is painfully thin (Is saying this just as sexist as calling someone 'thick'?). I absolutely love the chemistry between House and Cuddy and how Lisa plays Cuddy as a strong and confident, yet at the same time vulnerable woman. I can't wait to see how their relationship will further develop.

No comments: