Sunday, April 26, 2009

AE Hot 100

This Friday, voting for the AfterEllen Hot 100 ended and I managed to still get my nominations in. *YAY*.

Here's my list and last year's list, to compare if you're interested.

My 10 nominees for the AfterEllen Hot 100:
  • Sara Ramirez
  • Angelina Jolie
  • Jennifer Beals
  • Leisha Hailey
  • Bridget McManus
  • Kate Winslet
  • Salma Hayec
  • Scarlett Johansson
  • Pink
  • Catherine Zeta-Jones

This year, there were also three more categories to nominate women in: Women of Color, Out Lesbian/Bi Women and Hot Women over 40. I think it's pretty awesome, because that way you can put your focus on one specific group of women which should be celebrated along with women overall.


Women of Color:

  • Sara Ramirez
  • Jennifer Beals
  • Taraji P. Henson
  • Michelle Obama
  • Rose Rollins
I decided to nominate Sara and Jennifer twice, since they are both definitely among my top 10, no matter what list it is. Other women who didn't make my list: Halle Berry, Vanessa Williams, Jennifer Lopez


Out Lesbian/Bi Women

  • Sarah Warn
  • Rachel Maddow
  • Leisha Hailey
  • Bridget McManus
  • Clea DuVall
Okay, so technically, Clea DuVall isn't out. But frankly, I didn't care, I just wanted to nominate her anyways. Other women who didn't make my list: Liz Feldman, Raimy Rosenduft, Cat Davis


Over 40

  • Kate Walsh
  • Jodie Foster
  • Sela Ward
  • Eva La Rue
  • Diane Lane
In case you don't know her, Eva La Rue plays Natalia Boavista on CSI Miami and damn, she's one good-looking woman! Other women who didn't make my list: Julianna Margulies, Maura Tierney, Meryl Streep, Diane Sawyer, Julianne Moore

I can't wait to see the list and see who's the hottest woman this year. I was very pleased with 2007's winner Leisha Hailey and even though I don't think she's that hot, she's pretty funny and a great actress, so I didn't have anything to complain about 2008's winner Tina Fey.

No comments: