Monday, September 29, 2008

Grey's Anatomy Monday

As you all already know, I'm completely obsessed with Callica. So from now on, each Monday, I will post my thoughts on the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy. My two cents might not cover all the scenes from the episode and I will leave out things that I just didn't care for, so if you want to read a complete recap of the episodes check out AfterEllen, Dara is doing hilarious recaps!

What I liked:
  • Erica's curls!!! *sigh*
  • Cristina telling Meredith to "Shut up!".
  • Even though the Chief told Erica that she's a bad teacher, in the end it turns out that she was right from the beginning. Also, while the Chief just stands there and watches Callie panic, Erica calms her down and is able to really help her.
  • Cristina realizing that she's not as good as she thought either and that her interns are idiots because she doesn't teach them.
  • Cristina's dream sequence
  • Callie and Erica's awkwardness - great acting from both lovely ladies
  • Callie and Erica's last scene - so sweet, funny and just awesome. Plus I loved that Callie said "You don't need to know that *yet*."
  • The fact that Callie said "kissing girls" and Erica said "kissed a woman" - terminology is often an issue when people discover their bi/homosexuality
  • Bailey

What I didn't like:
  • The Chief. All of him in the episode, really, all of it.
  • Meredith not shutting up
  • Rose - why did they have to turn her into a crazy person?
  • Izzie's dream sequence was a bit strange to me, because she broke up a marriage after Denny died and she still dreams about him? Yeah, I get that it must be hard for her to get over him because she really loved him, but still.
  • Alex's reaction to Merediths comment seemed exaggerated.
  • Callie really wanted to do the procedure and as soon as something didn't go according to plan, she started to panic and shut down completely. I felt something was missing, she was so insecure so fast which was out of character.
What I want to see in the next episode:
  • More Callica screentime
  • That Meredith does shut up
  • Cristina working on herself and her teaching skills
  • More Cristina and Owen scenes - those two have interesting chemistry!
Favorite quote:
"I don't do therapy. I just get all ahhhh. And then, I get all clingy and… OK. You don't need to know that yet."

Screencaps @ Home of the Nutty

No comments: