Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mama Mia! catchy tunes

I just came back from watching 'Mamma Mia!' - I know, it's been on forever - and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Meryl Streep was acting over the top in the first 30 minutes of the movie, but then it got better. I'm a huge Meryl Streep fan, but her acting in the beginning really was just strange and bizarre. I really enjoyed the music and the songs fit well into the story. So, overall, a nice way to spend two hours.

Lindsay Lohan officially came out last night and Clay Aiken came out on the cover of People magazine today. There seems to be something in the water in LA (and thank god for that!). I'm kinda waiting for a statement by Kelly Clarkson - even if that might just be a daydream *wink*. It's great that those two decided to be open about this, because I think it sends a positive message to gay people - and we kinda need positive messages if you ask me!




In Austria, there are political discussions about legalizing gay marriage or civil unions, but we are really far behind the other European countries and this is one main reason why I want to leave. There exists a gay rights movement, but it's really small and I wish we had anything resembling the feelings in the video above. We don't even have an out lesbian celebrity, apart from a few unknown politicians, which really sucks. So, if you can vote on this topic in your country, consider your choices and think of how far the civil rights movement came and then do what's right not only for you, but for all the other people who are not treated equally as well.

No comments: