Friday, September 19, 2008

My Weekend Crush


I’m shamelessly stealing this idea from Dorothy Surrenders, whose weekend crush this weekend is: Rachel Maddow.

I remember when I was a kid, I liked watching the news at night because of Ingrid Thurnher. Sometimes, my parents allowed me to stay up until 10 o'clock so that I could watch the "ZIB2" on the Austrian national public service broadcaster. I wasn't really interested in the news and I didn't understand most of the things they talked about, but I loved watching Ingrid Thurnher because she seemed so smart, knowledgeable and eloquent. She always radiates competence and that drew me to her like a moth to the flame. Watching her now, I know that she knows what she's doing and that she has enormous amounts of knowledge stored in her brain, but also that she must prepare very carefully for each interview. Ingrid Thurnher was the anchor for the news and now hosts the round table discussions. What I love most when watching these is when she smirks at some nonsense comment by a politician - even though she always stays neutral, she sometimes can't quite hide her feelings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - i thought i was the only one, who has a little crush on her :D

Nelfy said...

*biggrin*