Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Warning: Parent rant below

I am so ready to head back to Ibk, I mean, seriously! My mum is driving me crazy! I love her, but still. I feel like I'm ten years old again at home. She constantly tells me what to do and tries to boss me around and I've gotten so used to doing things on my own terms that I could really just explode sometimes. My parents had that rule when we were little that we weren't supposed to eat in our rooms because we would make a mess or something. But the older we got the less we cared about that rule and honestly, as a teenager, I really think it's okay to eat a snack in your room. So I sometimes have glasses or cups or dishes standing around in my room. Big deal. I usually eat something in the afternoon in my room and I take the dirty dishes back down in the morning because I have a tendency to forget about them in the evening. Now, my mother constantly bitches about that as if she were the one sitting in my room and staring at the dishes. It's not even like they smell or something, she just needs something to bitch about to somehow control me or something. I tell her repeatedly to not enter my room if she doesn't want to see the 'chaos' or the dishes, but she really can't help herself. So every night she tells me to clean up my room and I tell her every night I'll get right to it, which means that I'll do it later or maybe the next day. And my room isn't even a mess, I just have a few things lying on my desk. Big deal.

I mean, seriously, I'm 20 years old, she should be able to respect my privacy and acknowledge that I'm not a slob but that I'm just busy sometimes. At home, I get literally nothing done because my mum is getting on my nerves so much that I immediately build those walls around myself. It's a strange cycle, really, but I don't know how to break it. If she would just give me some space to breathe that would be really fucking amazing.

*End of rant.*

No comments: