Friday, August 22, 2008

My Weekend Crush


I’m shamelessly stealing this idea from Dorothy Surrenders, whose weekend crush this weekend is: Lolo Jones.

When I watched the very last episode of 'Gilmore Girls', I shed a few tears (and I don't cry usually). I didn't even like the last season of Gilmore Girls that much, but I was still so sad to see my favorite lady on TV - at least for a very long time - go. I feel like I grew up with Rory, but hands down, Lorelai always was my favorite. I agree with most fans that Gilmore Girls jumped the shark when Luke's daughter showed up. It wasn't bad after that, but it just never was that good anymore either. I am still hoping for a movie, so that Amy Sherman-Palladino can finally end the series with the 3 words she had in mind since she started working on Gilmore Girls. A large part of the attraction of the show was Lauren Graham, who I believe is even crazier and funnier than Lorelai. Check out her first appearance on TEDS:




She clearly is funny and smart and she has something innocently raunchy about her - no, that's not oxymoron, watch 'Bad Santa' and you'll know what I'm talking about. Sadly, I haven't seen many of her movies, but to me her favorite part will ultimately always be Lorelai Gilmore. The way she delivered her lines, her comedic genius and, at the same time, how she was able to seem so vulnerable, still makes me angry that she didn't win an Emmy or Golden Globe for her acting. I love Lauren Graham and I can't wait for the Gilmore Girls movie to happen so I can have at least some 'Lauren fix'. And while I wait for that to happen, I'll happily go back to watching old episodes of Gilmore Girls - 'cause they are still funny and heart-touching and make me swoon.

No comments: