Monday, October 6, 2008

Being touristy in my home country

Artificial lake in the salt mine - they pump
water into the Mountain to extract the salt,
which creates lakes and caves.

I had a very exciting, exhausting and interesting weekend!! Last Wednesday, I met Miss J to dinner. Miss J and I met at the Zurich AE meet-up and had a lot of fun and when she told me that she is traveling through Europe right now and would be heading to Austria soon, I told her to give me a call when she arrived in Austria and I'd show her around a bit. So I kept my promise and showed her parts of Salzburg this weekend. We did all the touristy things - Mozart museum, Getreidegasse, 'Sound of Music'-tour, salt mines tour with a stop in Berchtesgaden (Bavaria, for the non-Austrians/non-Germans among you) - but I also showed her Salzburg from an Austrian point of view - or at least tried to. We had a lot of fun, great, really amazing, really interesting conversations and now I'm sad that she lives in London. That's not fair!

Berchtesgaden

I'll write more about my great weekend once I don't feel like a whining, little child anymore.

No comments: