Friday, October 10, 2008

My Weekend Crush


I’m shamelessly stealing this idea from Dorothy Surrenders, whose weekend crush this weekend is: Helena Bonham Carter. This woman is so captivating, I'll have to do her justice some other time!

When I first started watching Cold Case, I was all over Lilly and honestly, when Tracie Thoms joined the show, I wasn't sure whether another woman had a place in this show for me. I just wanted to focus on Lilly and Lilly alone. But the more I found out about Kat Miller, Tracie's character, the more I started liking both Kat and Tracie. While Lilly is serious and all business, Kat brings an easy-going nature to the show. Her character works especially well with Nick Vera and their chemistry and easy banter lightens up the show. As Kat, Tracie shows a very special charm that makes me swoon at times.


I had never seen Tracie Thoms in any other movie or show before she appeared on Cold Case and when I finally got around to watching Rent, I was very pleased to see her in the movie. Tracie has an amazing voice and is a great actress, especially as the uptight Joanne who is so different to Kat.



On top of being talented and open to playing a lesbian character (YAY!), Tracie is beautiful and charming. What more can anyone ask for?


Pictures @ Tracie Thoms fansite

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just came across your blog and find your entries insightful and interesting. Thanks for posting.

Tracie Thoms was the "best friend" on a short-lived show called "Wonderfalls" several years ago. I never saw it when it aired, but once I saw a DVD of the first (and only) season, I believe. It's quirky, and I found it funny. Hope you can find it!