Friday, October 24, 2008

My Weekend Crush

I’m shamelessly stealing this idea from Dorothy Surrenders, whose Weekend Crush this weekend is: 30 Rock.

On last night's episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigations (8x07), Sara Sidle left Las Vegas and Gil Grissom to fight and overcome her demons. I have to say that I was sad to see her go, even though I know she'll be back in Season 9. On ER, Jorja Fox played Maggie Doyle, a lesbian doctor who befriended Carter, but sadly never had a real storyline to call her own. I started watching CSI after I had seen one episode in the States while I was there on vacation. I knew Jorja from ER and had a crush on her, so back home I decided to give that show a try. The science parts of CSI really interested me, but after five seasons I could have easily given up watching that show. The only thing that kept me watching? Sara, and, naturally, the actress who portrays her, Jorja!


Jorja Fox is an amazing actress and the chemistry between her and William Petersen aka Gil Grissom was one main reason why I kept loving CSI. Yes, I was disappointed at times by the portrayal - or lack thereof - of their relationship, but I was drawn to it none the less.


Now that Jorja no longer is a series regular, I will definitely miss seeing her on my TV each week. While Jorja probably isn't what you would call a traditional beauty, I love her smile and her voice. Some of you might not know this, but Jorja also sings and plays guitar. Jorja is a vegetarian and stands up for what she believes in, she has taken part in an animal rights campaign and features some really interesting articles on her website. Plus, it doesn't hurt to think that she might be playing for my team either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love her too! ive only seen her on CSI and she too, is the one that made me want to watch more and more. though i do genuinely love the science part but jorja is also another important factor *wink*.