Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Callica will end *this* week

So I broke my own rule and read one spoiler and now I'm devastated and close to tears and I can't even believe that this is happening.

Brooke Smith talked to Ausiello from EW and confirmed that Erica will not be seen again after this week's episode.

The only good thing about her interview is that she seems to feel the same about certain things as I and many fans did.

"Were you happy with the direction the storyline was taking?
You know, I was starting to get there, yeah. I was personally a little impatient with the gay panic, but it was more Callie's thing anyway. I think Dr. Hahn was sort of figuring it out.

What did you think about Callie going to Mark to get pointers on exploring the "undiscovered country."
It was a little icky. If you're a women, don't you know how to please yourself? But they seemed to be okay with that one." (Emphasis mine)

So next week will be the last episode of Grey's Anatomy I will watch for a very, very, very long time! May all hell break loose on AE now!


Update I: Tell ABC how you feel about this here.

Update II: It seems like ABC and GA are generally degaying their storylines. What is wrong with these people?

Update III: "Shonda Rhimes has just released the following statement in response to this story: "Brooke Smith was obviously not fired for playing a lesbian. Clearly it's not an issue as we have a lesbian character on the show – Calliope Torres. Sara Ramirez is an incredible comedic and dramatic actress and we wanted to be able to play up her magic. Unfortunately, we did not find that the magic and chemistry with Brooke's character would sustain in the long run. The impact of the Callie/Erica relationship will be felt and played out in a story for Callie. I believe it belittles the relationship to simply replace Erica with "another lesbian." If you'll remember, Cristina mourned the loss of Burke for a full season.""

This makes no sense whatsoever. 'The magic and chemistry with Brooke's character'? Erica was so smitten with Callie and Brooke played that so well, so how can they blame this on 'the magic and chemistry'? If anything, the writing for Callie was bad. Callie was the one who wasn't all in. How can anyone tell me that the 'leaves, you are my glasses' monologue wasn't pure magic? I think this is pure and utter bullsh*t. Callie isn't gay, remember, she's an all forest girl and besides, her magic? What magic? All Callie did since the season premiere was freak out. That's not magic, that's just freaking out. If you feel like the 'magic' isn't working out then change the f*cking script! Besides, with whom is Callie going to be gay? Certainly not with Mark, because that would make Erica an experiment. If they are planning on having Callie recover from Erica just walking away then this would be an EXACT copy of the Cristina/Burke storyline which would be just really, really LAME. I am so angry right now...


Update IV: This is my last update, I promise. Here's the link from AE to what Shonda Rhimes said only THREE months ago about Callica:

"We'll also finally get to see the experience from Erica's point of view, as well. "We don't really know Erica's side of the story yet, in terms of what's going on with the two of them," Rhimes explained.
"We're going to watch that play out and then we're going to watch
the larger world of what happens when the two of them come out in the hospital, and what happens when Callie's dad find out and that sort of thing, which I think is going to be really, really interesting.""

That was in July! Not that long ago!

There are rumors buzzing around about Sara leaving the show, which, frankly, I would understand. No confirmation from any official side, but I'll definitely continue reading about this mess and believe me, I will post about this more. But enough for tonight, it's half past four in the morning right now and I think even though I won't be able to sleep, I should at least try.

No comments: