Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Prop 8 isn't over yet

With all that's been going on, I haven't had the chance to comment on the very sad, disappointing and unfortunate result of Prop 8. Honestly, I don't even know what to say. When it comes to issues like these, I feel like my words are not enough and I lack the eloquence to really show how I feel. Therefore, I will let someone else speak for me, because she does it so well.




I can't imagine what it must feel like to have your rights taken away. In Austria, these rights don't exist and as much as that hurts, having your rights taken away after they were given to you months ago must be even worse.

What I love and admire about the Californian LGBT-community and its supporters is that they go out there and fight for their rights. They aren't done yet - not even close - and they are willing to take the streets and fight for the right to marry. They haven't let the result put a damper on the fight, which I think is highly ideal!


I also applaud the straight allies, who stand up for what is right, like Keith Olberman, Drew Barrymore and even Arnold Schwarzenegger!

Rock On!

No comments: